About Sequoia Waste Solutions:
Founded in September 2011, Sequoia Waste Solutions unscrambles the confusing world of waste and recycling for our clients. We manage any business' waste and recycling operations by leveraging our data and technology to better assist with customer service issues, negotiate contracts, and report the results to our clients across the country.
You will be providing top-notch support through many different channels of communication – including: email, phone, live chat, and text messaging. You’re a great match if you possess fantastic troubleshooting and analytical skills, are driven to help customers, and have the ability to dive deep into a new product to learn it inside and out.
- Take inbound correspondences from customers, assess their needs, and determine who is responsible for resolving. Then, work with other team and our vendor network to deliver timely solutions to issues.
- Educate and empower our customers to become better Sequoia users.
- Provide clear, concise, and unambiguous communication to vendors, clients, and coworkers while resolving issues and fulfilling requests.
- We want to treat our customers as if you would treat a guest in your own home. Proactively look for solutions to problems and propose improvements if something could work better.
- Manage client expectations and vendor performance as best as possible in escalated scenarios.
- You love talking to people on the phone and building relationships with your customers.
- You are able to empathize with customers in a genuine way that lets them know you care about their issues.
- You’re a team player that can follow and lead as situations dictate.
- You’re able to make decisions and solve problems.
- You have an ability to explain complex issues in beautifully simple terms.
- You’re curious and have a natural ability to “zoom out” of a problem, in order to ask the right questions.
- You’re able to plan, organize, and prioritize work - this role wears many hats!
You need to meet these criteria:
- Meaningful experience in a customer service related role in a team based environment.
- An inquisitive approach to problem solving, as no two issues in this industry are exactly alike. Your goal is to track down accurate facts and deliver the best solution in a timely manner.
- Exemplary written communication skills.
- Willingness to continuously learn.
The ideal candidate would meet the following criteria:
- Have a data-driven mindset, and leverage the wealth of reporting technologies available to you.
- Solid foundation of standard Excel capabilities (working with formulas, formatting, etc.)
- Previous experience in a management services or technology (software as a service) company.
Sequoia Waste Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected Veteran or disabled status and will not be discriminated against for their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.